Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • seqtechno1
    Member
    • May 2017
    • 21

    #1

    Is Qubit good for multiple samples?

    Hello,

    We've been having some quantitation issues recently, I'm wondering whether the Qubit fluorometers are good for processing lots of samples (96 at a time?)
  • r.rosati
    Member
    • Aug 2015
    • 95

    #2
    Hi,
    they should be... Once you've passed the 2-minute minimum incubation time, then the tubes are supposed to be stable for 3 hours (Qubit dsDNA HS Assay guide, page 2), although personally it never happened that I had them them sit for more than half an hour prior to reading them, so I can't speak from personal experience.
    What kind of issues are you experiencing? Do you notice readings drop, or raise during time? Or do the readings just fluctuate? How do the calibrators perform at the end of the readings?
    Or is your issue that at the end of the experiment, the proportion of libraries is uneven? In this case, besides quantity, are they even in quality?

    Comment

    • microgirl123
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2012
      • 199

      #3
      What are you using for quantification now? I find the Qubit to be time-consuming for 96 samples - instead I use the Qubit reagents, white strip tubes, and a plate reader that can handle tubes.

      Comment

      • kmcarr
        Senior Member
        • May 2008
        • 1181

        #4
        Originally posted by microgirl123 View Post
        What are you using for quantification now? I find the Qubit to be time-consuming for 96 samples - instead I use the Qubit reagents, white strip tubes, and a plate reader that can handle tubes.
        microgirl,

        What plate reader are you using?

        Comment

        • microgirl123
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 199

          #5
          Well. . . it's actually an old Stratagene qPCR instrument that will allow you to do a single endpoint read so it's only used as a "plate" reader now.

          I'm not sure how well Qubit reactions would work in a plate since there's not a good way to really vortex the samples, but I haven't experimented. I half the volume of the reaction in the strip tubes both to save reagent costs and to allow more room for mixing.

          Comment

          • ychang
            Member
            • Oct 2010
            • 17

            #6
            Hi,microgirl,

            your idea of using a qPCR instrument as a Qubit reader was great! could you give more detail of the protocol? Thanks!

            Comment

            • Carcharodon
              Member
              • Jul 2015
              • 40

              #7
              Originally posted by microgirl123 View Post
              Well. . . it's actually an old Stratagene qPCR instrument that will allow you to do a single endpoint read so it's only used as a "plate" reader now.

              I'm not sure how well Qubit reactions would work in a plate since there's not a good way to really vortex the samples, but I haven't experimented. I half the volume of the reaction in the strip tubes both to save reagent costs and to allow more room for mixing.
              I use the Biotium AccuClear system, and for that you simply mix the DNA with the dye/buffer mixture by pipetting and allow it to sit for ~ 5 mins. I would bet good money that the same approach would work with the Qubit reagents.

              Comment

              Latest Articles

              Collapse

              • SEQadmin2
                New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
                by SEQadmin2


                Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

                We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
                ...
                Today, 10:25 AM
              • SEQadmin2
                How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
                by SEQadmin2




                The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

                This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
                09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

              ad_right_rmr

              Collapse

              News

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
              0 responses
              28 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
              0 responses
              24 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post SEQadmin2  
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
              1 response
              46 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
              1 response
              55 views
              0 reactions
              Last Post pekgio
              by pekgio
               
              Working...