Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thomasvangurp
    Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12

    #1

    multiple rRNA peaks Biorad Experion

    Dear All,

    While testing my RNA samples for quality on the BioRad Experion i noticed multiple peaks before the 18S peak. The pattern is fairly consistent as shown in the image. Now, the software assigns a 28S and 18S peak to the rightmost two peaks. I'm wondering if this is accurate. Furthermore, I'm interested if anyone else ever found this, what could this be?

    I've extracted my RNA using Trizol from freeze-dried Dandelion leafs.
    Your comments are highly appreciated.

    Kind regards,
    Thomas
  • pmiguel
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 2328

    #2
    Organellar rRNA? Cleaved rRNA?

    I usually go for one of the above when I see odd total RNA plots. It seems like too much special pleading to invoke both. It may also just be some highly expressed RNA in the leaf tissue.

    I have been reliably informed that dandelion is triploid, so I want to invoke that as an explanation. But, alas, no reason that I can think of that being triploid would result in extra total RNA bands.

    --
    Phillip

    Comment

    • jujuhi
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 4

      #3
      Bad results because experion? Also marker look weird?

      We have had some problems with experion vortex or priming station that leaks samples out of wells. Any similar problems or solutions for that? We already got a new vortex that did not solve the problem.

      Comment

      • Mike2188
        Member
        • Oct 2013
        • 27

        #4
        Those are peaks from chloroplast rRNA, which is common in green tissues -- especially leaf.

        Comment

        Latest Articles

        Collapse

        • SEQadmin2
          New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
          by SEQadmin2


          Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

          We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
          ...
          Today, 10:25 AM
        • SEQadmin2
          How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
          by SEQadmin2




          The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

          This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
          09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

        ad_right_rmr

        Collapse

        News

        Collapse

        Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        28 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
        0 responses
        24 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post SEQadmin2  
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
        1 response
        46 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Started by SEQadmin2, 09-16-2026, 10:23 AM
        1 response
        55 views
        0 reactions
        Last Post pekgio
        by pekgio
         
        Working...