This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Phillip,
    I'm quite conscious on the SOLiD mate pair library, the steps and the structure of the mate (p1-insert-mpl-mpr-insert-p2) .. it's about one year I'm trying to improve the robustness of the method. Belong to my experience the protocol of the mp isn't satisfactory and mainly replicable.

SO, I'm trying to find other way to overcame some steps that in my opinion are limiting. The circularization is one of these points. The problem to circularize DNA is that the IA (in the 5500 xl is formed by mpr and mpl) contains part of the ligation site for the annealing in sequencing. Therefore, the importance of knowing the IA sequence ( and it is irreplaceable).

I was interested in that post, because you (or someone else) wrote the IA sequence with a string of NNNNN. I thought that my sanger sequence on the IA was with a double signal (2 picks) because of the NNNNN string.
    I'm not sure if it's more clear my question on the Mpl Mpr sequence!

thanks for your answers

chiara

Comment

Hi chiara,
      I do not think there should be any NNNNN in SOLiD mate pair adapters. But you would need to explain what you mean by:

I've tried to sequence the IA by Sanger technologies
      What exactly did you sequence? That is what did you prime your sequencing reaction with and what were your results?

--
      Phillip

Comment

Oo , I am also curious about the MPL and MPR adaptor, esp it contains a "mysterious" blocking oligo during the circulization step according to the protocol, is there anybody can tell me their "tricks"???

thanks a lot!

Comment

hello yksikaksi, I noticed you knew many about the SOLiD, so I think maybe you can help me out of my problem: do you know the sequence of the sequencing primer complemented with the P1 adapter, I want to know which of the chains in the dsDNA was binded to the beads, if you know this, could you please reply as soon as possible, thank you very much.
          Nothing is impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by dongyongdong View Post
            hello yksikaksi, I noticed you knew many about the SOLiD, so I think maybe you can help me out of my problem: do you know the sequence of the sequencing primer complemented with the P1 adapter, I want to know which of the chains in the dsDNA was binded to the beads, if you know this, could you please reply as soon as possible, thank you very much.
            Dear dongyongdong,

Perhaps you could have a look on this post of this thread.

Comment

Dear yksikaksi,
              thanks for your quick reply, and I finally make myself clear about this queation, the P1adapter is fixed on the beads, so the sequence of the 5'-end of the P1 was what I want. Thanks again. best regards.
              Nothing is impossible!

Comment

Please tell me the sequence of the adapter of MPL and MPR of Mate-Paired.
                I would also like to have a biotin position.
                I want to ligate another adapter to blunt-end after ligation the MP adapter.
                I'm worried biotin will drop from the adapter by blunt-end.

thanks

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses