Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • orlatron
    Junior Member
    • May 2012
    • 1

    #1

    Ideas on Bioanalyzer trace for ChIP-seq library?

    Greetings everyone! I have very much enjoyed following this forum for the last few months. I am a graduate student who is making a foray into ChIP-seq. I have a question for the more experienced people out there whether they think that the ChIP-seq library I have generated is suitable for sequencing (Bioanalyzer trace below). We have an experienced next-gen sequencing facility in the institute where I work, however they have not worked up ChIP-seq before...

    Briefly:
    - ChIP with Histone PTM antibody
    - Samples generated from 4x106 cells per IP, digestion to mainly mono-nucleosome with MNase prior to IP.
    - ChIP verified by positive control regions in PCR prior to library generation
    - Library generated using NEB-NEXT ChIP seq master mix kit for Illumina. NEB NExt adapters and multiplexed oligos used. (Adapter are loop).
    - Samples are to be sequenced on the Hi-Seq using barcoded primers (aiming for 20x106 reads per sample).

    I did a trial libray preparation with an Input sample and a ChIP sample. I was unable to quantify the DNA, so I used 37 uL of a 50uL elution of ChIP, keeping the remainder for PCR verification. I used 25uL of a 2% Input sample (which was too dilute for quantification on NanoDrop).

    For the library preparation, size selection was performed post adapter ligation using a 2% agarose gel (with EtBr). I didn't clean up with the MinElute kit after adapter ligation to avoid carry through of adapter junk. All other purification steps were with Qiagen columns. I excised the region around 200bp from a gel pre PCR amplification. Realistically, I think I took about 175 to 220-230 bp.

    I performed 18 cycles of PCR amplification (using universal primer and either index 2 or 4) followed by clean up with MinElute column and have attached the Bioanalyzer trace (DNA1000 ChIP). Included are some exome capture libraries, please ignore these, the libraries I generated for ChIP seq are numbers 11 and 12: Input and ChIP.

    The trace is quite unusual to my understanding - the first small peak is at 89bp and probably represents primers (adapter should be around 120-130 from what I understand). Aside from the molarity of the libraries being quite low, they also have a curious double peak (190 and 230bp). We are uncertain what this represents!

    There is also junk around the 400bp region - I think that this might be ssDNA from too many PCR cycles?

    I have no idea if this is acceptable, or whether the library will sequence? The sequencing facility think that it is probably OK, and that if necessary the high and low 'junk' can be removed with a bead clean up, but they haven't come across anything quite the same as this library before. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

    Cheers,

    O
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

  • SEQadmin2
    New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
    by SEQadmin2


    Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

    We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
    ...
    09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
  • SEQadmin2
    How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
    by SEQadmin2




    The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

    This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
    09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
0 responses
13 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
0 responses
37 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
0 responses
28 views
0 reactions
Last Post SEQadmin2  
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
1 response
48 views
0 reactions
Last Post pekgio
by pekgio
 
Working...