Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to scale up library prep for large quantity of input DNA?

I am screening a library of 10-15k variants through cell-based assays. After the selection, I perform the NGS sample prep using NEB ultra II kits. When I try to validate any potential hits from the data, they all turn out to be false positives.

One of the things that I think might be going wrong is that I have a lower-fold coverage of DNA copies in my input DNA compared to the total library diversity. The recommended fold-coverage is 500-1000x i.e. for a library of 10k, I will need to process DNA from 10^3 x 500 = 500k cells, which comes to about 10-15 µg of DNA. The NEB kits have a limit of 1 µg per reaction. It becomes unaffordable when I have multiple samples and replicates. So I am looking for a way to scale up these reactions with alternative kits or methods. Any ideas?

Thanks,​

why not try Creative Biolabs' DNA Library Prep service?

Comment

spawn could you just do a targeted approach to focus on the regions you're interested in? I'm not exactly sure which regions you're focused on, but I would think that building a comprehensive hybridization capture panel would work well. Many companies will do the design for you and some let you do the design yourself. I understand it might not be feasible depending on the scale of your project. Can you explain a little more about what you're sequencing?

Comment

Ben3 Thanks for responding. Sorry, I should've been more clearer in my original post. Basically I am interested in mapping junction points between the genomic DNA and transposes-mediated inserted foreign DNA. To do that, I fragment the genomic DNA using sonication, followed by end-repair, dA-taiing and ligation of adapters. I use the NEB Ultra II kit for this step. Then I amplify the junction regions utilizing primers that bind to ends of the inserted DNA and the ligated adapter. I am limited by the input quantity as I mentioned earlier--the kit only allows up to 1 µg​ of DNA per reaction and I probably want between 100-200 reactions, which becomes costly. I will look into the approach you mentioned.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses