I want to do chip-seq for a transcription factor in bacteria for Illumina. I' need help for sample preparation for bacteria since all I find is eukaryotes. Brand new with the technique, sorry!
Unconfigured Ad
Collapse
X
-
I haven't done ChIP in bacteria but once you have the ChIP material I would think making the libraries would be the same. I'm waiting to get back sequencing data from my first ChIP seq libraries. If all looks good then I will be able to give some advice. You could contact Illumina to see if they have any protocols for ChIP in prokayotes.
-
A very interesting study shows some of the pitfalls of ChIP applications and offers some advances to published protocols.
The paper is dedicated to ChIP on Chip but most of it also applies to Chip-Seq, too.
If you're new to the tech, I would recommend reading this paper.
Here's the ref: Waldminghaus & Skarstad 2010, BMC Genomics, 11:414
Comment
Latest Articles
Collapse
-
by SEQadmin2
Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.
We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing...-
Channel: Articles
-
ad_right_rmr
Collapse
News
Collapse
| Topics | Statistics | Last Post | ||
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
0 responses
17 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-29-2026, 09:51 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
0 responses
40 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
0 responses
31 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by SEQadmin2
09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
|
||
|
Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
|
1 response
50 views
0 reactions
|
Last Post
by pekgio
09-21-2026, 02:04 AM
|
Comment